Dr. Jessica Michaelson
stress management, couples counseling, SEX THERAPY
I offer therapy & consultation if you are struggling with:
- Stress, worry & anxiety
- Intimacy & sexual challenges
- Conflict or disconnection in your relationship
- Confusion about career & life goals
I work with clients locally in Austin and remotely via phone or video chat.
I use a relatively short-term, solution-focused approach based in Mindfulness, Family Systems Work, Neurobiology of Attachment, Sexual Health Principles, and the Gottman Method. Our work is action-oriented, with between-session 'homework' and support. I want my clients to feel excited and enjoy the process of change, even when it's hard.
Individual or Couples Counseling typically involves a minimum of 6 sessions to ensure sustainable success.
- $175 - 50 minute session (typical length)
- $225 - 75 minute session (as needed)
- $125 - 30 minute session (for follow-up)
- I am an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO insurance plans.
- If you have another insurance carrier and your policy includes coverage for out-of-network services, I can provide the necessary claims receipts so you can submit them for reimbursement.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco, CA
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in California and Texas
- Gottman Method Level 2 therapist and Bringing Baby Home facilitator
- Expertise in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, yoga, mindfulness, neuropsychology, and positive psychology
- Specialty in career and business coaching for women, using Tara Mohr's Playing Big approach
- Specialty in sex therapy for individuals and couples, drawing on tools from Esther Perel, John Gottman, and Emily Nagoski
I am a mother of two boys, wife to a brilliant musician, dedicated yogini, and a native of Northern California. After running a private practice for 7 years in Oakland, CA, we moved to Austin, TX where I love the slower pace, kinder smiles, and dustier boots. I'm super serious about psychology and the science of well-being, but also love to bring a raw sense of humor and sailor's vocabulary to our work!