Dr. Jessica Michaelson
stress management, couples counseling, SEX THERAPY
I offer therapy & consultation if you are struggling with:
- Stress, worry & anxiety
- Intimacy & sexual challenges
- Conflict or disconnection in your relationship
- Confusion about career & life goals
I work with clients locally in Austin and remotely via phone or video chat.
I use a relatively short-term, solution-focused approach based in Mindfulness, Family Systems Work, Neurobiology of Attachment, Sexual Health Principles, and the Gottman Method. Our work is action-oriented, with between-session 'homework' and support. I want my clients to feel excited and enjoy the process of change, even when it's hard.
Individual or Couples Counseling typically involves a minimum of 6 sessions to ensure sustainable success.
- $180 - 50 minute individual session
- $200 - 50 minute couple's session
- I am not in-network with insurance panels, but can provide a statement to submit for potential reimbursement
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco, CA
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in California and Texas
- Gottman Method Level 2 couples' therapist and Bringing Baby Home facilitator
- Specialty in sex therapy for individuals and couples, drawing on tools from Esther Perel, Terry Real, Marty Klein, Stan Tatkin, and Emily Nagoski
- Expertise in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, yoga, mindfulness, neuropsychology, and positive psychology
I am a mother of two boys, wife to a brilliant musician, dedicated yogini, and a native of Northern California. After running a private practice for 7 years in Oakland, CA, we moved to Austin, TX in 2015 where I love the slower pace, kinder smiles, and dustier boots. I'm super serious about psychology and the science of well-being, but also love to bring a raw sense of humor and sailor's vocabulary to our work!